This is step by step to create custom webparts and added it to Enterprise Portal (EP)
1. at Visual Studio, add new EP VS Project
2. Right click at the solution project, and click add new item, select Microsoft Dynamics Ax -> EP User Control with form and grid.
3. Go to AOT, add new data set , then add datasource, link it to your table , do compile and do INCREMENTAL CIL.
4. Go back to VS, refresh schema for the datasource, and select your newly created datasource
5. Make sure your column etc are inside axForm, fill the properties DataKeyNames,DataMember and DataSourcesID
6. at gridview, select datasource, and edit colomn, select field you want to show on the grid
7. right click on VS solution project, and choose “Add your_webParts to AOT”
8. go back to AOT, on Web -> Web Content -> Managed , find your webcontrol, right click on it, and Deploy to EP, then choose which module this webcontrol belongs to. After you deploy it , AX will create an URL Menu Item automatically at (Web -> Web Menu Items -> URLs) and Page Definition (Web -> Web Files -> Page Definition
9. If your menu is on submenu of the module, example Home\EmployeeServices\ManageTime , just change it on properties “Web Module” at Page Definition. and change the url on on web url properties
10. The next step is we want to add newly web parts to EP Quick Launch. Find the page you want to customize on “Web Modules” on AOT, on the properties, look at value of properties “Quick Launch”
10. Go to Web -> Web Menus , find the Quick Launch, and drag and drop the newly add url menu item to Quick Launch Menu, then deploy the EP from System Admin -> Setup -> Enterprise Portal -> Deployment
11. go to Web -> Web Modules . just right click and deploy on the module you customize.
12. Last, restart IIS for refreshing the EP with newest customize, with command prompt see post :