Deploying newly added webcontrol is much complicated than deploying SSRS.
I hope microsoft will simplify it on the next version of AX.
this guide below is only for newly addded webcontrols.
if you already done the steps below, and want to update your webpage by using webcontrol, just right click on web controls AOT, and select deploy. It will replace the old web page with the new web page.
here is the steps for deploying webcontrols :
1. deploy the webcontrol on aot (Web -> Web Files -> Web Controls) , right click and choose “Deploy”
2. then deploy Web Content Managed on aot (Web -> Web Content -> Managed) , and choose the module
3. after you deploy web content managed , you will get two new object on AOT,
Web Urls (Web -> Web Menu Items -> URLs), and Web Page Definition (Web -> Web Files -> Page Definitions) , Right click on web page definitions , select “Deploy Elements”, right clicks on web urls, and select “Import Pages”
Web page definitions
4. Restart di IIS with IISRESET on your sharepoint server , see the reference post below
5. Clear cache for making sure the enterprise portal is displaying the newly added webparts. (on some cases you must generate Incremental CIL too)
6. To check the newly added custom webcontrol, just copy paste your Default Enterprise portal URLS (System Administration -> Setup -> Enterprise portal -> Websites) and webcontrol urls (from Web Urls Properties) to web browser.
default enterprise portal urls :
web control urls :
full urls on web browser :
another guide to add to quick launch sidebar :